Azari Jahromi: To solve the internet problem, I will travel to Sistan and Baluchestan for 10 days

Today, the Minister of Communications and Information Technology described the situation of communications in Sistan and Baluchestan province on Instagram live. According to Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi, four percent of all villages in Sistan and Baluchestan province have no connection, including landlines, cell phones, and landlines. In addition, out of a total of 7,148 villages in the province, 3,442 villages have more than 20 households, while only 286 villages have fixed internet access.

For this reason, the Minister of Communications plans to travel to Sistan and Baluchestan from January 26 and monitor the process of connecting villages to the Internet within 10 days. Azari Jahromi added that after his return, he will deploy one of his deputies in the province until the project is completed. He expressed hope that with the operational plan, the whole deprivation in the field of communication in Sistan and Baluchestan province could be eliminated by the end of May. According to the minister, the whole process needs one thousand billion tomans of credit.

Status of Internet access of the people of Sistan and Baluchestan

According to Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi, out of a total of 3,442 villages with more than 20 households in Sistan and Baluchestan, 2,126 villages by Irancell, 763 villages by Hamrah Aval and 1,968 villages by the Ministry of Communications and with the help of its rural contractor (Hayub ) Are connected to the national information network, but the state of rural home communication is not favorable. The Minister of Communications stated that more than 2,512 villages in Sistan and Baluchestan have access to the Internet.

READ  The Iranian Red Crescent buys the corona vaccine from China

Azari Jahromi acknowledged that Iran Telecommunication Company provides wired home telephones in only 286 villages, and that there are wireless and cordless home telephony services in 1,164 villages; Of course, it is not possible to receive the Internet on this platform. According to telecommunications statistics, only 286 villages in Sistan and Baluchestan have home internet. Also, out of a total of 4,000 schools in the province, 2,170 rural schools and 950 urban schools are connected to the national information network.

Ministry of Communications program to improve the communication situation in Sistan and Baluchestan

Azari Jahromi caused the internet problem in Sistan and Baluchestan Frequent service interruptions And Lack of bandwidth Announced. According to the minister, most of the optical fibers in this province are stretched by air and do not have the necessary stability. He added that there are 1,300 kilometers of aerial fiber in the province that should be grounded. In addition, in the villages where there is a connection, the Internet connection is radio and is not established through fiber; So there is a problem of lack of bandwidth.

Related articles:

To solve the province’s communication problems, the Ministry of Communications plans to build 50 kilometers of new fiber optics in Sistan and Baluchestan. Also, mobile internet should be established in 1,200 villages and there is a need to build 972 new sites. The transmission network in the province must also be upgraded.

Azari Jahromi announced the amount of investment for fiber optic and transmission network to be about 160 billion Tomans; In addition to this amount, mobile operators have to spend 973 billion tomans in order to update and build the site. Of course, the minister adds that the supply of electricity and the access road to build the site has a separate cost.

READ  The Wolf of Snow Hollow Movie Review

According to Azari Jahromi, efforts to connect the villages of Sistan and Baluchestan province from zero percent have now reached 73 percent and the remaining 27 percent, including the northern part of the province and the Saravan-Sarbaz border, are among the most difficult. “Perhaps the remaining percentage is equivalent to the entire operational work ahead,” he said.

According to Azari Jahromi, negotiations to finance the project with the President, the head of the Program and Budget Organization and the Minister of Economy resulted in the allocation of one thousand billion tomans of credit, and part of the province will be spent. Khatam Al-Anbia Construction Company has also been invited as a contractor in the implementation and construction of fiber optics. The Minister of Communications added that the capacity of the Basij and all operators will be used in this project.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *